The Best Pumpkin Muffins
- Makes : 1 dozen muffins
Everyone loves these muffins. (You think I throw around phrases like "The Best" for nothing?) I created them when I was baking for a café and they sold like nobody's business. They truly are perfect in every way.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground or freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin (Fresh or from a can; do not use pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a twelve-muffin tin.
Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices.
In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin, soy milk, oil, and molasses.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix.
Fill the muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick or knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Fold in a cup of either chopped fresh cranberries or chopped walnuts, or a mixture of the two.