Spooky Brain Sandwiches
- Makes : 6 sandwiches
These sandwiches have the flavor and appearance of egg salad without the saturated fat and cholesterol.
- 1/2 pound firm low-fat silken tofu (about 1 cup)
- 1 green onion, finely chopped, including green top
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons tofu mayo or other dairy- and egg-free mayonnaise substitute
- 2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 slices whole-grain bread
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 tomato slices
Mash tofu, leaving some chunks. Add green onion, pickle relish, Tofu Mayo or other dairy- and egg-free mayonnaise substitute, mustard, soy sauce, cumin, turmeric, and garlic powder. Mix well.
Spread on whole-grain bread and garnish with lettuce and tomato slices.
Per serving (1 sandwich):
Cal. From Fat15.6%
Saturated Fat0.6 g
Vitamin C3.5 mg
Vitamin E0.4 mg