Spicy Thai Dipping Sauce
- Makes : 2 cups
Spicy Thai Dipping Sauce is one of our restaurant's staples. We serve it with Candle Cafe Hand Rolls, as well as over soba noodles and salad greens. Make plenty ahead of time since it keeps well in the refrigerator.
- 1 1/2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup brown rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 small red onion, finely choppped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons peeled and finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/4 cup shoyu or tamari soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
Place all of the ingredients with 2 cups of water in a blender and blend until very smooth.
The sauce will keep in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 3 weeks. Bring to room temperature before serving.
The Candle Cafe Cookbook
Reprinted with permission from Benay Vynerib.
Photograph © Wanda Embar.