From a Raw Vegan food evening, which I was grateful to attend. And getting this recipe!
- 2 cups raw macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup dried coconut
- 3 cups soaked cashews (for at least one hour)
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup of agave nectar
- 3/4 cup coconut oil (deodorized)
- 1 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp lemon rind (optional)
NB: The lemon/rind and agave nectar can be altered slightly for your flavour.
- About 1/2 cup raspberries blended with a hand blender preferably
Process dates and macadamia nuts in the blender. Sprinkle dried coconut onto the base of the greased baking dish. A removable base is the best option or spring form pan. Press the macadamia nut dust onto the coconut.
Blend the cashew filling mix plus 1/2 cup water. Blend until smooth and creamy. Adjust to taste if necessary. Pour mixture onto the crust.
Animal Free Recipe Book
Reprinted with permission from the author, Angel Selenie.
Photograph © Angel Selenie.