Pumpkin Raisin Cookies
- Makes : 24 3-inch cookies
These cookies are plump and moist.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup sugar or other sweetener
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup fortified soymilk or rice milk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a large bowl.
Add pumpkin, milk, raisins, and nuts. Mix completely.
Drop by tablespoonfuls onto an oil-sprayed baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes, until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove from oven and let stand 2 minutes.
Carefully remove from baking sheet with a spatula and place on a rack to cool.
Per cookie (with nuts):
Cal. From Fat19%
Cal. from Carbohydrates72%
Cal. from Protein9%