Lacinato Herb Wraps
This salad seems so simple yet it has so many layers of flavor and is packed with nutrition! - It is definitely one of my all time favorites. I enjoy the fresh ground coriander mixed with the fresh tasting full flavor of the living herbs in this salad. The raisins come in to add a sweetness in every other bite or so; add the nuttiness of the walnuts all mixed with a dash of Ume and light taste of garlic and you'll hear sounds of yumminess coming from me with just about every bite. It is so much fun working with foods that taste great, are so alive, and heal with every mouth full... Life is good.
- 1 bunch lacinato kale
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 bunch dill
- 1/4 cup oregano, fresh
- 1 tomato, medium size, diced
- 1 cup walnuts, crushed in the palm of your hand
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. coriander seed, freshly ground
- zest of 1 key lime or lemon
- 1 key lime or 1/2 lemon, juiced
- dash umeboshi plum vinegar
- baby cabbage leaves to wrap herb salad in or leaf of choice
- sprouts of choice for garnish
Toss salad together well, let it sit for a few minutes, toss well again to get all the juices coated on all the leaves and wrap it up in green leaves of choice or for the transitional diet use rice wraps. You can also serve it open face garnished with sprouts and a lime wedge and let diners wrap it up.
Yum! - so full of life!
Reprinted with permission from Brook and Home Le'amohala of the Optimum Living Alliance.
Photograph © the Optimum Living Alliance.