Easy Bean Burger
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 20 minutes
- Ready In : 30 minutes
Great for camping or store for a quick meal.
- 1 1/2 cups Easy Bean Burger Mix (see below)
- 1 cup boiling water
Easy Bean Burger Mix
- 1/2 cup garbanzos, dry (or red lentils)
- 3/4 cup raw brown or green lentils
- 2 cup breadcrumbs (gluten free: use GF breadcrumbs)
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 Tbsp onion powder
- 4 Tbsp Tasty Brown Bouillon (see below) (or omit and add liquid as needed when making burgers)
Put garbanzos and lentils in a blender and blend until course flour. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and stir in beans. Store in air tight container.
Tasty Brown Bouillon
Choose one of the following options:
- Homemade Recipe: 1/2-3/4 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. onion powder, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, 1/2 tsp. carob powder (optional)
- Vegetable Broth
- McCormick's All Vegetable Bouillon - Beef: 1 cube
- Better-Than-Bouillon-Veggie: 1 tsp.
- Blaney's Beef Like Seasoning: 1 Tbsp.
- Bill's Best Beef: 1 1/2 tsp.
- Jack Jr. Beef Flavor: 1 Tbsp.
Combine boiling water and burger mix and let stand 5-7 min. Fry until golden brown in a non-stick skillet.
Variations: Add 1/2 cup chopped or slivered almonds.
Tips 'n' Techniques
Great for Camping! These are quick to prepare and easy to make. This will store several months in a cool, dark place. We take these when we travel as they are so fast to prepare.
Healthy Home Cookin' Vol.
5 - Breakfast, Brunch, Soup & Salads
Reprinted with permission from the author, Angela Poch.
Photograph © Angela Poch.