Reprinted with permission from the author, Sonja Kovachevich.
Mediterranean Quinoa (p.
Lovely with a side of pumpkin seed butter.
- 1 cup of sprouted quinoa
- 1 cup of a mix of mung and black-eyed bean sprouts
- 2 cups of aubergine + courgette - marinated in olive
oil and lemon juice
- 1/2 an avocado - diced
- 1/2 a red pepper - seeded + chopped
- handful of fresh parsley +/or basil - finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic
- handful of chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- handful of black olives
Soak the sun-dried tomatoes in enough hot water to cover. Then
in a bowl mix up the marinated veg and the sprouts.
When the tomatoes are soft; drain them and retain the soak
water and blend it up with left over veg marinade and the garlic.
Add the dressing, tomatoes, olives, parsley, basil and red
pepper to the sprouts.
Copyright© 2011 by Wanda Embar. All Rights