Reprinted with permission from the author, Bryanna Clark Grogan.
Lemon Pie (p. 132)
This delicious, creamy pie is so easy to make
that I'm sure it will become a favorite all year round.
- 1 (9") No-Fat Vanilla Cookie Crumb
Crust, pre-baked for 5 minutes (p. 162)
(or your favorite recipe crumb or pastry crust pre-baked 5 minutes)
- 1 lb. reduced-fat, medium-firm, regular tofu
- 3/4 c. white or turbinado sugar
- 1/2 c. lemon juice (preferably fresh, but bottled will do)
- 2 T. cornstarch
- grated zest of 1 large lemon, or 2 tsp. lemon extract
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Combine the filling ingredients together in a blender or food processor until
very smooth. Pour this into the crust, and bake for 35 minutes. Cool the pie on
a rack, then refrigerate. Serve plain, with vegan “whipped crème”.
Copyright© 2003 by Wanda Embar. All Rights