Reprinted with permission from the author, Laura Theodore.
Cool Cucumber Soup
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeds removed, and
chopped (reserve 4 thin slices for garnish)
- 10-12 ounces silken tofu,* drained, and cubed
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
*Silken is nice, but any style will do.
Place all ingredients in blender or food processor. Blend
until the texture is very thick and “creamy.” Chill for 3-4 hours. About 1/2
hour before serving, chill 4 decorative soup bowls. Ladle soup into bowls and
garnish with one cucumber slice topped with a sprinkle of dried dill.
Copyright © 2009 by Wanda Embar. All Rights