Basil Pesto Sauce
- 1 cup raw cashews or pine nuts
- 3-4 cloves garlic, diced, toasted
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 Tablespoon Bragg™ Liquid Aminos or tamari
- 1/3 cup cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- a dash of sea salt
- Soak the cashew pieces in water for 5-10 minutes. Drain
- Pan-fry the garlic for five minutes until golden-brown.
- In a food processor, blend all ingredients well,
including toasted garlic.
Serve with your favorite pasta or use as a spread on breads.